March 4, 2012

Pismo Beach, California

Another busy week. John and Marijean are camping up here, too, but staying at the Oceano Dunes RV Park, about 5 miles down the road from us. We've been seeing them nearly every day and doing some good eating.

On Thursday, Pat and Bill drove down from Cambria. Pat, Chanti and I took a nice walk on the beach.

 Pat and Chanti on our walk on the beach. It was a bit
windy and cold, so we even put a doggie wrap on Chanti.
That's the Pismo pier in the background.

That evening, we all went out to a nice restaurant called A J Spurs Saloon and Dining Hall, a place with the flavor of the old west. The meal portions were gigantic. I ordered the sautéed scallops. They put a plate of 10-12 large scallops, each over two inches in diameter, together with rice pilaf and garlic bread in front of me. My first thought was "Oh, if only I were younger I could eat all of this." We even had  root beer floats for dessert.

Marijean, John, Jerry, Pat and Bill

Now let me explain why I'm not in the picture. I took the above picture, but we did give my camera to the waitress and asked her to take a picture of all of us. Needless to say, I forgot to tell her to push the shutter button down half way for the camera to focus the picture first. She didn't do that and both pictures that she took are out of focus.

Here are a few more pictures I took with Pat on the beach.

Just in case you were ever wondering how the underside of the Pismo Beach looks.

Pismo Beach pier.

On Friday, we had errands to do in Cambria. At lunch time, we parked the van near Moonstone Beach while we ate our lunch.

Parked on Moonstone Beach in Cambria.

Jonathan Livingston Seagull 

Beautiful Cambria (looking south from Moonstone Beach)

We had a nice dinner with John and Marijean last night and are about to go over to their RV park to join them again for the evening. They leave here on Tuesday. We will move over to the Oceano Dunes RV Park on Thursday to finish up the last few days here in Pismo before we move on down the coast.

Have a great week!

No comments: