May 6, 2011

Sacramento, California

Arrived this afternoon in Sacramento, CA and settled in at the Stillman RV Park.  Not an especially fancy park, but they have 50 amps.

Jerry will stay here for three weeks while I fly out on Sunday for Minnesota for a couple of days.  Then, my two sisters and I will fly into Scranton, Pennsylvania to spend a week with our other sister at her lake home near Elk Mountain, PA.  First time all four of us have been together for a week without husbands.  I will spend another week in Minnesota before flying back to Sacramento on May 24.

Meanwhile, Jerry and Chanti (dog) will be holding down the fort.  John, our friend, is planning on spending a week in this area with his RV.  Jerry will be hanging out with John.

Here are a couple of pictures from the Delta Marina area in Isleton where we just left.

  The RV park we just left. It was in the middle of farm country.

This part of the Delta was right across the street from the RV park.

Strawberry fields everywhere.

We stopped along the road to buy some of these sweet strawberries.

Now, here is an issue when you are a full-time RVer.  Even though we just had all of our medical exams completed when we were in Pismo Beach, what do you do when something unexpected arises??  I just broke off my front capped tooth on a chocolate candy bar this afternoon.  It's Friday, and all the dentist offices we called were closed.  In the interim, we will use super glue to put it back on tonight (after dinner).   If that doesn't work,  I will not be smiling on any of the pictures with my sisters.

No comments: